Local News

Boy d!es after getting electrocuted by zesco wire when Playing

A SUNDAY has turned out bitter and traumatic for a mother of Chambishi after receiving news of the de@th of her 10-year-old son who had gone to play with friends.

Petronella Mutale was only informed by some community members that her son Joseph Mutale had died after getting electrocuted by a Zesco live wire he had been using as a swing.

The 10-year-old victim of Chambishi’s Twaiteka area was in company of friends when the sad incident occurred yesterday around 16:30 hours.

Copperbelt Province commanding officer Peacewell Mweemba who confirmed the sad incident said it occurred yesterday around 16:30 hours in Twaiteka area Zambia township of Chambishi.

He said police received a report from Twaiteka ward councillor that a child had been electrocuted after getting in contact with a Zesco live wire.

“Brief facts of the matter are that the deceased namely Joseph Mutale aged 10 of in company of his friends of the same age were playing along 33kv line in Twaiteka area Chambishi. They went to a Zesco pole with a stray wire and deceased started swinging on it. He then got electrocuted and members of public rushed him to Twaiteka Clinic where he died upon arrival,” he said.

He added that police visited the scene and the body of the boy has been deposited in the mortuary ,with an inquiry file opened.


Back to top button